Sunday, July 10, 2011

Overwhelmed...

sometimes I don't think I'm adequate enough for the calling I recently received.

I taught my first sharing time today and I felt like it went rough.

Sharing time is a lesson that is taught by a member of the primary presidency to children ages 3-12. I was just called as first counselor in the presidency so it will be my responsible to teach a lesson once a month.

Some of the children in the primary I teach have been baptized almost as long as I am and they are only 11 and 12.

I learned more than ever today that the Spirit is the ultimate teacher and that if I focus on that and allowing the Spirit to teach than everything will work out.

As if the ward hasn't already tested my ability to stretch as a person enough today I was asked to speak next Sunday during sacrament meeting.

I am far from a good speaker. FAR!

I am incapable of controlling my emotions.

This will be my third talk and it is my hope that it will be delivered well.

2 comments:

  1. Hi friend, I call you friend because you are a sister in the gospel. I have have walked where you have walked by making decisions to enter the waters of baptism. I am grateful to hear that you have been willing to share your capacities with the church, well, really with the people within the church who profess to desire to know God's will. Some do, some do not care, and some are just there because it fits their needs of the moment. I have been in the church for 28 years now and I know it is true and worth the challenges that one meets as we seek to live the gospel day by day. Sometimes those challenges come from outside in our community or even our own families, sometimes it comes from friends and associations when we sought another path. Sometimes the challenge is within ourselves as we do not feel quite up to what we have been asked to do. It is up to each of us to give our all and not look to see what our neighbor has done. To live by our hearts and follow the Spirit. I wish you well and God's blessings as you serve faithfully according to your capacity and as you know that he is there to fill in the ability when you think you are not. It is there that we really learn of ourselves and of God. Again, thank you for all you do and if we can at last meet at the feet of Christ and testify we have given our all I believe it will be a joyous day. Take care, Christa-Ann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for your encouragement Christa-Ann. :)

    ReplyDelete