Friday, July 1, 2011

july will always be one of my favorites...

because it has so much meaning to me.

I could rave about January because that is the first time I finished the Book of Mormon. (2007)

I could remember February because that is when I moved to Utah, which brought lots of depth to my life. Obviously.

I could love March, and I do, because that is the month I was born and met my husband.

To be honest April has never been my favorite. Ha.

I could enjoy May because that's when we got our puppy, who has taught me to be my most patient self.

I could take note of June because that is when I first went to church.

I could honor August because that is the month when everything comes to an end for me.

I could relish in September because that is the month that Heavenly Father sent my husband to this earth.

I could remember October because that is when I learn the most.

I could embrace November because it is always the month that eases my procrastination.

I do also favor December because it is the month I was married in the Salt Lake Temple to my love.

But July will always be one of my favorites. 

Because in July I got baptized. Because in July I recognized the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Because in July I said my first whole-hearted prayer. Because in July I got confirmed. Because in July I get to celebrate my freedoms as an American and as a member of the LDS Church. Because in July I got engaged to my best friend and wonderful husband. Because in July I always get to remember the summer of 2006 and the choices I made to start the path to becoming a better me.

So thank goodness for another July.

No comments:

Post a Comment